RPG in a Box
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
|Official Discord Server|
for RPG in a Box
for RPG in a Box
About RPG in a Box
RPG in a Box lets you easily create 3D grid-based, voxel-style RPGs and adventure games!
Alpha Access is a followup to Founder's Access and a period during which I'd like to improve (and add to) some of the existing features before the Steam Early Access release. It is intended for those who'd like to get a head start on creating a game with RPG in a Box (or even for those who would just like to show their faith in the project by supporting it earlier on).
During this time, I would like to work with the community to collect feedback and suggestions. While I cannot guarantee when or if certain features will be implemented, I am interested in finding out what functionality would be beneficial for your games. This will help me to plan ahead and to move RPG in a Box forward in a positive direction as I work towards the Steam Early Access release.
Purchase includes a Steam key, which will be provided once RPG in a Box becomes available on Steam Early Access!
(This Steam Early Access game is currently not a finished game and may or may not change significantly over the course of development. To learn more about Steam Early Access, please visit Steam Early Access FAQ.)
An up-to-date demo version of the RPG in a Box v0.5 Pre-Alpha is now available and can be downloaded below! This version contains all of the features of the full version with a few limitations:
- Only two maps are allowed per game project.
- Map grid size is limited to 10x10 tiles wide with a height limit of (5 x Tile Width in Voxels) in each vertical direction.
- Exported games show a splash image indicating that the game was created with the demo version.
The demo version is a great way to quickly prototype your game idea and to see if the engine meets your expectations! Game projects created with the demo version can be opened and continued with the full version (as the project formats between the two are the same).
Follow RPG in a Box
- Official Website: http://www.rpginabox.com
- Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/DOouCUhR
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rpginabox
- Discord Server: https://discord.gg/zXqqqPj
- Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/498310
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rpginabox/
- Tumblr: http://rpginabox.tumblr.com/
Example Game: https://zeromatrix.itch.io/rpginabox-examplegame
RPG in a Box is built with Godot Engine v3.1
|Updated||2 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||3D, engine, Game engine, godot, godot-engine, Turn-Based Combat, Voxel|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Twitter, Steam|
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $24.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Release Notes for v0.5.5.22 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.5.112 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.520 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.4.629 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.4.533 days ago
- Steam Early Access Information42 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.4.443 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.4.347 days ago