RPG in a Box
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
|Official Discord Server|
for RPG in a Box
for RPG in a Box
About RPG in a Box
RPG in a Box lets you easily create 3D grid-based, voxel-style RPGs and adventure games!
Early Access is a followup to Founder's Access and a period I am using to both improve existing features and to build out any remaining core features before the eventual v1.0 release. It is intended for those who'd like to get a head start on creating a game with RPG in a Box (or even for those who would just like to show their faith in the project by supporting it earlier on).
During this time, I would like to work with the community to collect feedback and suggestions. While I cannot guarantee when or if certain features will be implemented, I am interested in finding out what functionality would be beneficial for your games. This will help me to plan ahead and to move RPG in a Box forward in a positive direction.
Purchase includes a Steam key!
(This Steam Early Access game is currently not a finished game and may or may not change significantly over the course of development. To learn more about Steam Early Access, please visit Steam Early Access FAQ.)
An up-to-date demo version of RPG in a Box v0.5 is now available and can be downloaded below! This version contains all of the features of the full version with a few limitations:
- Only two maps are allowed per game project.
- Map grid size is limited to 10x10 tiles wide with a height limit of (5 x Tile Width in Voxels) in each vertical direction.
- Exported games show a splash image indicating that the game was created with the demo version.
The demo version is a great way to quickly prototype your game idea and to see if the engine meets your expectations! Game projects created with the demo version can be opened and continued with the full version (as the project formats between the two are the same).
Follow RPG in a Box
- Official Website: http://www.rpginabox.com
- Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/DOouCUhR
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rpginabox
- Discord Server: https://discord.gg/zXqqqPj
- Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/498310
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rpginabox/
- Tumblr: http://rpginabox.tumblr.com/
Example Game: https://zeromatrix.itch.io/rpginabox-examplegame
RPG in a Box is built with Godot Engine v3.1
|Updated||5 hours ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||3D, engine, Game engine, godot, godot-engine, Turn-Based Combat, Voxel|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Links||Steam, Homepage, Twitter, Steam|
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $24.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Release Notes for v0.61 day ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.9.451 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.9.359 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.9.278 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.9.187 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.992 days ago
- Release Notes for v0.5.8.4Feb 24, 2020
- Release Notes for v0.5.8.3Feb 07, 2020