Release Notes for v18.104.22.168
- Added initial background map implementation for menu-driven turn-based battles (assigned in Combat Editor, party members spawn starting at center of map going eastward)
- Added "Object enters tile", "Object stops on tile", and "Object exits tile" trigger events for tiles for use with pushable objects ($object variable contains object)
- Added "On Equip Script" and "On Unequip Script" settings to the Item Editor for equippable items, which get triggered when the item is equipped/unequipped (self is character, $item is item)
- Added "Random Speaking Pitch" character setting to the Voxel Editor which will randomize the pitch of a character's voice as they speak
- Added "Scroll Wheel Grid Controls" editor setting for the Map Editor to turn off Shift/Ctrl + Scroll Wheel grid level controls
- Added confirmation dialog to the Script Editor when pressing ESC or clicking the cancel button and the Bauxite source code field has been edited
- Updated "Duplicate Frame" functionality in the Voxel Editor to copy any voxel groups to the newly created frame
- Updated menu-driven turn-based battles to play death animations for enemies when applicable instead of immediately removing them from the map
- Updated "Replace Navigation" scripting function to force the player to release a pushable object if navigation was removed between them and the object
- Updated "Set Entity Model" scripting function to only replace the model when different than the current model in use
- Updated Bauxite syntax highlighting to include "map" as a built-name variable name (e.g. when used with "map.name" or "map.groups")
- Fixed roguelike issue where mouse movement was inadvertently being allowed even when disabled by interacting with something from a distance
- Fixed issue in the Voxel Editor with the option to automatically attach an object in-game not working properly
- Fixed issue where voxel groups were not being updated when using the arrow buttons or the move tool to move grouped voxels
- Fixed issue in the Map Editor where the scale of the pending character/object couldn't be adjusted with Shift + Scroll Wheel if the grid level was locked
- Fixed issue where the new tile's collision override was not being applied when replacing a tile's model with "Set Entity Model"
- Fixed issue with navigation paths not being properly updated in some scenarios when the player would push an object to a new tile
- Fixed issue with "Duplicate" functionality not working properly when attempting to duplicate an effect from the Game Explorer
- Fixed issue with "Reset Entity Rotation" function not properly resetting the character's direction after being rotated with "Rotate Entity Towards"
- Fixed issue with "mp" and "max_mp" stats not working properly in-game when attempting to access or modify their values
- Fixed issue with "quests" and "skills" character properties not being accepted as valid syntax when used in a "for" expression (e.g. for $quest_id in player.quests)
- Fixed issue with the Asset Library where the OK and Cancel buttons were outside of the dialog box when using the Russian localization
- Fixed "nonexistent signal" error that would display in the console window when opening an item container
- Updated "Map Editor" built-in docs to include info about pressing Delete in Connect/Navigation mode to remove all navigation paths to a tile
- Updated "Map Editor" built-in docs to include info about Ctrl and Alt modifiers for picking a resource and/or grid level while in place mode
- Updated "Character" built-in docs to include info about "name" property and "portrait" property
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
What I really want is Ctrl and Alt modifiers in edit mode so I can easily set up ladders.
Could you provide some more details on what you mean by Ctrl and Alt modifiers in Edit mode?
Basically, I want to be able to select just the relevant tiles instead of the ladder and the wall behind it. That's hard to do when my only option is click-and-drag.
If a tile is inadvertently added to the selection, you can use Shift + Alt + Left Click to remove it from the current selection.
Oooh yeah menu driven turn based battles! Looking forward to seeing more. This engine gets more amazing every day. 💜
Thanks so much! Yeah, the black void they had before needed some improvement, haha. Glad you're looking forward to more!